Sodbury Players was founded in 1946 in Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire. In 2006 we celebrated our 60th anniversary. We are affiliated to the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) and are members of Avon Association of Drama (AAD).
We currently perform 3 main productions each year being a pantomime in January, a spring production in May and an autumn production in September. In addition to this we enter several one act plays (adult & youth) into the All England One Act Play Festival each year which starts in February. We have a thriving youth group (SPYS) who also enter the One Act Play Festival and have their own production in July.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - May 2016 (Box Office: 0344 332 0230) - on sale 1st March
Performance Times (check Ticket Source for accurate tickets remaining)
- Wednesday 11th May, 7.30pm
- Thursday 12th May, 7.30pm -
- Friday 13th May, 7.30pm -
- Saturday 14th May, 7.30pm -
11th-14th May 2016 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Dale Wasserman from the novel by Ken Kesey
Five Counties Youth Final
Winners of the Five Counties Youth Final
- 17th-24th January 2015 - Hansel & Gretel by Grant McCotter & Ross Brown
- February 2015 - A Little Box of Oblivion by Stephen Bean
- February 2015 - The Red Balloon by Damian Trasler
- February 2015 - SPYS: Still Thinking... by Ross Brown and Dan Williamson
- 13th-16th May 2015 - The Vicar of Dibley by Richard Curtis
- 18th-19th July 2015 - Grease by Jim Jacobs & Warren Casey
- 16th-19th September 2015 - The Titfield Thunderbolt by Philip Goulding (based on the original Ealing Comedy Screenplay by T.E.B. Clarke)
- 16th-23rd January 2016 - Mother Goose by Diane Owen & Ross Brown
- 23rd-24th July 2016 - SPYS Production
- 14th-17th September 2016 - And Evermore Shall Be So by Norman Robbins
- 13th-21st January 2017 - Pantomime
- 10th-13th May 2017 - Spring Production
- 22nd-23rd July 2017 - SPYS Production
- 27th-30th September 2017 - Autumn Production
Where we meet
We meet every Tuesday evening starting at 7.30pm upstairs at "The Sphere" , The Old Grammar School, High Street, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6AH.
Our normal club evening is Tuesday but we also rehearse on Thursdays. We always welcome new members for both on-stage and off-stage activities. Contact us and we will let you know when the next play reading evening is.
Where we perform
Our 3 main productions are performed in the Town Hall, Broad Street, Chipping Sodbury. Generally our productions start at 7.30pm. For the pantomimes we usually perform Saturday matinees starting at 2.30pm although this may be earlier on the first Saturday.
Copyright © 2000-2015 by Stephen Bashford. All rights reserved.
All photographs copyright Sodbury Players and cannot be used without permission.
Last updated 02-February-2016